The UK’s first conference dedicated to Social Media In Recruitment will be held on the 16th July 2009 at the British Library in London.
Organized by Mike Taylor from Web Based Recruitment, the Conference has been designed to help Recruiters understand exactly what Social Media is and how it can be of benefit to them in recruitment.
In total there will be nine expert speakers, including speakers from Facebook and YouTube, covering the following areas:
- An overview of Social Media including social networking sites, blogs and podcasts
- How social networking sites such as Facebook can be used to get messages to your target audience
- How to use LinkedIn to promote your vacancies and source new candidates
- How to use Twitter, TwitterJobSearch.com and the Job Search Engines for recruitment
- The legal issues re the use of social media web sites
- Using online video to promote your company and your job vacancies
- How to put together a social media strategy for your company
- The future – taking social media to the next level
Quite a few social media experts will be at the event to discuss how to leverage on using social recruiting, but interestingly, a LinkedIn Europe Executive is not in the line up of presenters, although Mark Williams who run ETN will cover the LinkedIn aspect.
Am still unsure if I can make it to London, as I have a double appointment, but will be great to read about the reviews from the recruitersphere. You can register here.