Social Workplace Conference 2011 focuses on the impact of social media and social software on internal communications and workforce collaborations. The conference will be held on 1 November 2011 in London.
Confirmed speakers include representatives of Oracle, IBM, Verizon, and others. Take a look at the full conference agenda.
Confirmed speakers and panelists:
Jon Ingham – Author, Blogger, Consultant at Social Advantage
- Worked for 20 years in Engineering, IT, change management and HR.
- Writing a book with the same topic of his blog, Social Advantage.
- Does consulting on social aspects of organisation (learnings from social psychology, social media / enterprise 2.0, collaboration, teaming, networks, workplace design, social network analysis etc.)
- Previously served as Executive Consultant for Strategic Dynamics Consultance Services, Ltd, and HR Director for Ernst & Young.
David Christopher – Social Media Business Leader for EMEA at Oracle Corporation
- In his role at Oracle, he develops and deploys social media strategies that will greatly enhance communication and collaboration with customers, partners and employees, thereby creating a more socially connected enterprise.
- His work has seen a 50% reduction in email for work teams, and on his blog, David predicts the end of email by 2018.
Elizabeth Lupfer – Senior Manager, Employee Experience & HR Technology, Global HR at Verizon
- Elizabeth is an internet strategist with over 14 years of web technology experience, who successfully translates business needs into technical requirements to deliver best-in-class portals that resonate on a global level.
- Writer and speaker on intranets, knowledge management, inside-out communications, employee engagement, learning and development, HR technologies, brand marketing / awareness and talent acquisition.
- Her blog, The Social Workplace, is now considered a leading resource on implementing social technologies within the enterprise.
Jon Mell – Portal and Social Business Leader for North Europe at IBM
- Has been involved in the field of social and collaboration tools for over 10 years.
- Previously ran the consulting team at Headshift, part of Dachis Group.
- His blog, JonMell.co.uk, discusses social collaboration and communication.
Sam Marshall – Intranet and Collaboration Specialist at ClearBox Consulting
- 14 years of specialization in intranets and knowledge management, working with organizations such as Unilever, BT, BUPA and Standard Life.
- Responsible for Unilever’s Global Portal Implementation, overseeing the roll-out of over 700 online communities to 90,000 people and consolidating several thousand intranets into a single system.
- Blogs about Enterprise 2.0 and knowledge management.
Mark Morrell – “The Internet Pioneer” at Mark Morrell Ltd
- Previously served as Intranet Manager for BT.
- 15 years of experience creating and implementing dynamic strategies leading to his work being known as one of the best intranets globally for governance, engagement and collaboration.
- Blogs about strategic planning, intranet, SharePoint, digital workplace, etc. at intranet-pioneer.com.
Jenni Wheller – Internal Communications Manager at SSP Limited
- Four years of experience in communications, recently focusing in internal.
- Previously worked at theblueballroom as Business Development Manager and Thomson Local as Internal Communications Officer.
- Blogs about internal communications, leadership, and other topics at jenniwheller.wordpress.com.
Rebecca Richmond – Group Research & Content Director at Melcrum Limited
- Over a decade of experience delivering marketing and communications best practice, business development strategy, and succesful management of multi-functional, international teams.
- Specialties include: Client relationship management & consulting, executive education, public speaking, presentation design & training, team leadership & development.
Christian McMahon – Managing Consultant at Jamaza bvba
- 20 years of experience spanning all aspects of management and high-level authority for £10m+ annual budgets, projects generating £100m+ revenues, and operations across 26 countries on 6 continents.
- Previously served as CIO at GoIndustry-DoveBid PLC and CIO at Ovum PLC.
- Regular columnist at Outsource Magazine.
Annette Saunders – Business Support and Digital Workplace Manager at Vanquis Banks
- Rolled out SharePoint 2010 as a platform to deliver corporate news and compliance training.
- Currently developing a digital workplace based an unified communications and collaboration strategy, using SharePoint and existing technologies within the company, as well as HR Database, payroll database, Sabercom, mobile devices, social media, etc.
- Specialties include: people management, event design and management. employee reward and recognition, budget management.
Luke Mepham – Global Intranet Strategy and User Experience Manager at Aviva
- Previously served as Work Packet Manager and as a member of the Intranet Team at Aviva PLC.
- 12 years of experience working with intranet, and developing, managing, and exploiting its benefits.
- Blogs about intranet and related subjects at intranetizen.com.
Doug Shaw – Founder and Director of What Goes Around, Limited
- Previously served as Change Management and Employee Engagement Director at BT
- Co-Creator of StopDoingDumbThingsToCustomers.com
- Specialties include: listening, stakeholder engagement, employee engagement, social media, behaviour and culture analysis, internal and external communication, corporate responsibility, community creation, and others.